[Council] XMPP Council Agenda 2020-10-07

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Oct 6 16:08:37 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

The next XMPP Council Meeting will take place on 2020-10-07 at 15:00Z in
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join. Everyone is welcome to join and add to the
discussions.

This agenda is composed from:

- Editor notifications to standards@
- xsf/xeps GitHub PRs marked as Needs Council
- Suggestions directly sent to me (see below)

Agenda as follows:

1) Roll Call

2) Agenda Bashing

* Feel free to pre-bash on-list or directly to me if you think something is
missing.

3) Editor’s Update

- Accepted Compliance Suites 2021 as XEP-0443 (pipelines still running)

4) Items for voting

4a) Handling of XEP-0393

The LC for XEP-0393 has expired a while ago and back then Council was not able
to make a clear decision about how to proceed, given the discrepancies between
the XEP, the ideal world, and the real world and given the lack of community
consensus.

Thus, we have a four-way vote for the next meeting where we try to find a
solution, based on the previous ideas floating around in the community.

4a i) XEP-0393: Move to Informational
4a ii) XEP-0393: If not previous: Take authorship and add opt-in
4a iii) XEP-0393: If not previous: Accept as Draft?
4a iv) XEP-0393: If not previous: Reject finally?

5) Pending Votes

- Georg and me on the integer-or-max-type thing

6) Date of Next

7) AOB

8) Close

End of Agenda.

Note that I am aiming for 30 minutes, but meetings may be extended as
necessary if all council members agree.

Meetings are normally held every Wednesday at 15:00 UTC in the
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join chatroom.
Meetings are open, and anyone (XSF Member or not) may attend, though only XMPP
Council members may vote. Relevant comments from the floor are welcomed.

Using your web browser, you can join anonymously via
https://xmpp.org/chat?council

Note that conversations in the room are logged publicly at
https://logs.xmpp.org/council/

If you have suggestions for an agenda item, you can message me via XMPP or
email at this address or at jonas at zombofant.net.

I aim to publish the Agenda on the day before the Council meeting before
19:00Z (that didn’t work out this time).

Thanks everyone,
Jonas