[Members] [Fwd: [Board] meeting minutes, 2006-12-12]

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Dec 12 12:13:38 CST 2006


FYI.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Board] meeting minutes, 2006-12-12
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:11:40 -0700
From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org>
Reply-To: Discussion list for JSF Board members <board at jabber.org>
To: board at jabber.org

JSF Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes, 2006-12-12

In attendance:

Alexander Gnauck (Board Member, Secretary)
Mickael Remond (Board Member)
Peter Saint-Andre (Executive Director)
Matt Tucker (Board Member, Chair)

Scribe: Peter Saint-Andre

NOTE: The scribe neglected to write up meeting minutes for the Board
meeting held 2006-12-05. My apologies.

0. Roll Call

All Board members in attendance, quorum achieved.

1. ICA Update

Most bugs / process issues have been worked out, things are working
smoothly now.

Peter noted that StartCom has offered to issue JSF Board members and
XMPP Council members Class 2 or 3 client certificates -- he will find
out the details and post separately about that.

2. Trust Proposal Update

Peter has met with Ian Paterson (primary spec author) about how best to
structure the work on this. Peter to post separately.

3. FOSDEM devcon/interop event

Mickael has found a room to rent. Peter and Mickael to discuss and proceed.

4. Marketing

Peter to get http://stage.jabber.org/ site running with Drupal this week
so that we can start working towards simplified website per earlier
discussions -- i.e., more end-user focused, provide helpful intro
information, point off to various code projects as well as specs.

5. Interop

Peter mentioned ongoing interest in setting up a private testing network
(open to registered developers). This item came out of the first interop
event and would be very helpful for ongoing testing. Details to follow.
The JSF recently acquired a larger IP block so can now deploy more
secure services (e.g., https://interop.xmpp.org/ for this initiative) at
dedicated IP addresses. Discussion of VPN vs. required TLS connections
(probably the latter). Detailed to be discussed further in the coming
weeks on the interop at jabber.org list.

6. XMPP Standards Foundation Proposal

Voting in progress. If approved, will need to complete a number of
action items (move some website pages to xmpp.org, change business name
registration, update corporate documents, etc.). Matt to come up with a
short list of designers who might be able to create a logo for review
and approval. Would need to determine timing of official launch of XSF
(probably second week of January 2007) if the proposal is approved.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
Jabber Software Foundation
http://www.jabber.org/people/stpeter.shtml

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
Size: 7358 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
Url : http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/attachments/20061212/1e01e90c/smime.bin


More information about the Members mailing list