[Members] further thoughts on the Annual Meeting
stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Oct 7 11:42:44 CDT 2009
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I freely grant that:
1. We need to clearly inform newly-elected members about
2. We need better processes to remind members about meetings and
3. We need to correct the bylaws so that procedures for electing the
Board and Council are bug-free.
I also observe that:
1. The members present (who comprised a quorum) tried to do the best
they could in the circumstances. It's always easy to criticize after the
2. The members present worked to find an immediate outcome that would
leave the XSF with a functioning but temporary Board as a result of the
Annual Meeting, while respecting all conditions of the Bylaws as well as
the stated wish of the membership for a 5-person Board.
3. The members present deferred selection of a more permanent Board to
the general membership, which is what we need to do now.
Therefore, let's get to work on solving the current problem and then
improving our processes for the future.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Members