[Members] Minutes of the 2nd Meeting of the 9th Council (2009-10-19)
nathanfritz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 22:04:46 CDT 2009
Second meeting of the 9th XSF Council, Kevin Smith presiding.
Meeting logs can be found at
Meeting minutes can also be found at
1. Roll call.
David Cridland, Kevin Smith, and Matthew Wild present. Quorum achieved.
2. Agenda Bashing.
3. What are this council's priorities for http://xmpp.org/xsf/roadmap.shtml ?
It is decided that items 1 and 2 on the roadmap are now
responsibilities of the IETF Working Group, but it is still the
Council's responsibility to advise. Kevin Smith suggest combining this
to just be item #1.
The Council agrees to include "MUC Cleanup" as item #2.
The roadmap now stands as:
1. Advise the IETF WG on RFC bis revisions and e2e.
2. Clean up MUC (XEP-0045).
3. Improve XMPP file transfer by transitioning to Jingle (see
XEP-0234) with SOCKS5 bytestreams (XEP-0260) and in-band bytestreams
4. Improve the resistance of XMPP to spam, phishing, abuse, and denial
of service attacks, with a current focus on XEP-0268: Incident
4. ProtoXEP Linked Process Protocol - http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/lop.html.
Accept as a XEP?
A consensus is reached to wait for the next revision of the spec,
which is apparently in the works, before voting.
5. The following XEPs are soon to expire:
* XEP-0252: BOSH Script Syntax
* XEP-0226: Message Stanza Profiles
* XEP-0253: PubSub Chaining
* XEP-0254: PubSub Queueing
XEP-0253 and 0254 are both in active interest on the jdev list. Kevin
Smith suggests the Council votes next week on issuing a Last Call for
6. Date/Time of next meeting.
Monday the 26th of October 2009 at 19:00UTC.
7. Issue a Last Call on http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0227.html?
There is some concern about requiring separate files and the lack of
All three councilmen vote in favor of issuing a last call.
7. Any other business.
Kevin Smith bangs the gavel.
More information about the Members