[Members] CommTeam meeting minutes

Nicolas Vérité nicolas.verite at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 13:07:35 CST 2010


Hi members,

Here is the minutes of this CommTeam meeting:

====

XSF CommTeam meeting
2010-02-16

Agenda:
1) New website requirements
2) Tech pages rework
3) Podcasts
4) Contribution
5) Blog posting
6) Microblogging
7) xmpp.net

Minutes:
1) New website requirements

Taking a look at: http://willsheward.net/

TODO:
* nice URLs: Tobias
* create admin accounts on stage: Will
* go to stage by February 19
* review week of February 21
* go live week of March 1


2) Tech pages rework

Tech pages: http://xmpp.org/tech/
Working copies: http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Tech_pages

Move tech pages to wiki

Question: do we do the same for the software pages? No real need. Need
to investigate how it could be done.


3) Podcasts

3 to 5 done at FOSDEM, to be posted, more to be done over Jingle


4) Contribution

Need more people to join and help, get members to contribute.


5) Blog posting

* need more frequent posting
* e.g., Council members to post about new/advanced XEPs


6) Microblogging
* stpeter to create Identi.ca and Twitter accounts
http://identi.ca/xsf
* identi.ca exists, need to create Twitter


7) xmpp.net

Redirect xmpp.net to xmpp.org


Next meeting:
tuesday 2010-03-02

====

And here are the logs:

====

*** 2010-02-16
[18:43:24] *** The topic has been set to: XSF Communication Team
[18:44:22] *** guillaumelegales has joined the room as a participant
[18:44:36] *** guillaumelegales is now known as Guillaume
[18:44:36] *** Guillaume is now known as guillaumelegales
[18:47:37] *** Will has joined the room as a participant
[18:47:58] <Will> evening
[18:48:19] *** guillaumelegales is now known as Guillaume
[18:48:19] *** Guillaume is now known as guillaumelegales
[18:48:54] <Nÿco> Can you please invite:
# Anders Conbere
# Waqas Hussain
# Steven Parkes
I don't have them in my roster...
[18:49:18] *** stpeter has joined the room as a moderator and an owner
[18:49:26] <Will> niether do i
[18:49:32] <stpeter> I probably do :)
[18:50:21] <Will> surprise!
[18:51:40] <Nÿco> ...and if you wish to invite more contributors, or
just interested people, please do!
[18:51:50] <stpeter> I'll dent it :)
[18:51:56] <Nÿco> cool, thx
[18:53:20] *** guillaumelegales is now known as Guillaume
[18:53:20] *** Guillaume is now known as guillaumelegales
[18:54:05] <stpeter> OK I invited Anders, Waqas, and Steven
[18:54:09] <stpeter> or tried to :)
[18:54:29] <Kev> I think it'd be handy to have these rooms non-anonymous.
[18:54:46] <Kev> All XSF members need to have their jids public anyway.
[18:55:34] <stpeter> it'd also be handy to have a shared group for XSF
members :)
[18:55:56] <stpeter> and a bot that automatically reminds XSF members
about meetings of interest
[18:56:00] <Kev> For which we'd need a shared group spec :)
[18:56:03] <stpeter> that iteam needs to get to work :P
[18:56:05] <stpeter> brb
[18:56:16] <guillaumelegales> ji all
[18:58:01] *** Tobias has joined the room as a participant
[18:58:21] *** guillaumelegales is now known as Guillaume
[18:59:46] <stpeter> hi Guillaume
[19:00:35] <stpeter> Kev: perhaps we need an iteam meeting, too :)
[19:00:41] <Tobias> hi
[19:00:53] <stpeter> hallo Tobias
[19:01:52] <Nÿco> shared roster: good idea!
[19:02:04] <Nÿco> but in a federated world... aouch!
[19:02:10] <stpeter> hehe
[19:02:18] <Tobias> i thought joining as commteam seems to be in
charge of xmpp.org web and so stuff :)
[19:02:31] <Nÿco> not only
[19:02:50] <stpeter> Tobias: sure, that was an action item for the
infrastructure team
[19:02:53] <Nÿco> need for a federated shared roster XEP?
[19:03:21] *** Guillaume is now known as guillaumelegales
[19:03:22] *** guillaumelegales is now known as Guillaume
[19:03:35] <stpeter> so shall we start?
[19:03:38] <Will> ok
[19:04:59] <Nÿco> yes
[19:05:02] <Nÿco> agenda:
[19:05:20] <Nÿco> * new website requirements (we failed to prepare
that, although we
still have a few hours, and can talk about that item in meeting)
* Tech pages rework
* Podcasts

What else?
[19:06:02] <Nÿco> http://etherpad.com/6XSj4kfnAK public collab text
editor, please contribute in realtime to the minutes
[19:06:26] <stpeter> nice
[19:06:31] <Guillaume> cool
[19:06:35] <Kev> I hope this is using XMPP underneath!
[19:06:35] <stpeter> ok
[19:06:37] <Nÿco> yes, but too bad it's not on XMPP :'(
[19:06:44] <stpeter> yeah
[19:06:44] <Nÿco> no Kev...
[19:06:55] <Kev> Tell MattJ, he'll write a new one that is :)
[19:07:01] <stpeter> :)
[19:07:09] <Nÿco> any other agenda item?
[19:07:22] <Kev> Contribution?
[19:07:34] <stpeter> Nÿco: blog posting?
[19:07:34] <Kev> Up to you.
[19:07:49] <Nÿco> Kev: what do you mean?
[19:07:58] <Kev> Asking people to do stuff :)
[19:07:59] <stpeter> Kev: yeah, what do you mean?
[19:08:11] <Kev> Up to you whether you think it's warranted.
[19:08:22] *** Guillaume is now known as guillaumelegales
[19:08:33] <Nÿco> ok, so first agenda item?
[19:08:52] <Nÿco> new website requirements (we failed to prepare that,
although we still have a few hours, and can talk about that item in
meeting)
[19:09:09] <Nÿco> do we need to write these requirements? is it
decided to go live?
[19:09:23] <Kev> For the sake of us with poor memories, could you
remind us where we are with this, please?
[19:09:30] <Will> i'm not sure there's that much left to do on the new site
[19:09:34] <stpeter> http://willsheward.net/ :)
[19:09:42] <Will> except push it over to stage. and then go live
[19:10:06] <Will> there's some info missing (some=lots) from the 'About' section
[19:10:14] <Nÿco> I vote for a push to live, then we fix/enhance one
by one all the issues
[19:10:31] <Will> mostly historical stuff so someone should go over
the existing site, identify important stuff and start importing
[19:10:37] <stpeter> presumably we need to handle URL redirects to
things like http://willsheward.net/?page_id=33 or define friendly URLs
for those
[19:10:37] <Kev> I think we should sort out the URLs, too -
http://willsheward.net/?page_id=2 is ugly.
[19:10:38] <Nÿco> Will: do we need to write the About page? on the wiki?
[19:10:47] <stpeter> :)
[19:10:54] <Nÿco> yes, nice URL is a must have
[19:10:55] <Kev> Also, there's a CSS bug on the above page, "What is
the XSF?" Is off in the ether somewhere to the right.
[19:10:59] <Tobias> Will: would it be possible to get filtering for
XEPs via checkboxes like at http://xmpp.org/extensions?
[19:11:35] <Will> Tobias: i' looking at the table plugin at the moment
- i think so
[19:11:39] <stpeter> Tobias: I assume so
[19:11:57] <stpeter> (aside for the Board: we need to figure out who
is still a sponsor :)
[19:12:02] <Will> obviously it's not going to stay at willsheward.net
- i need that space back :-)
[19:12:07] <stpeter> heh
[19:12:09] <stpeter> yeah
[19:12:12] <Will> stpeter: next board meeting - yes
[19:12:25] <Will> How about....
[19:12:32] <stpeter> this site looks so much better than the plain
vanilla site we have now
[19:12:39] <Will> I commit to getting this stuff over to
stage.xmpp.org by the end of this week....
[19:12:58] <stpeter> blog.xmpp.org would be obsolete now, right?
[19:13:20] <Will> then we have a quick review, tidy tables, set up
admin, contributor accounts,
[19:13:22] <Nÿco> well, a need for migration
[19:13:22] *** guillaumelegales is now known as Guillaume
[19:13:23] *** Guillaume is now known as guillaumelegales
[19:13:31] <Nÿco> we must not lose any content from blog
[19:13:38] <stpeter> Will: sounds good, I can commit to helping on that, too
[19:13:40] <Kev> Everyone will review next week?
[19:13:41] <stpeter> Nÿco: agreed
[19:13:43] <Will> stpeter: blog.xmpp.org should now (then) point to
xmpp.org homepage
[19:13:48] <stpeter> Will: yes
[19:13:49] <Kev> Go live following week?
[19:13:51] <stpeter> excellent
[19:14:04] <Will> Nÿco: the blog posts will be importable
[19:14:09] <Nÿco> please note here: http://etherpad.com/6XSj4kfnAK
[19:14:12] <Nÿco> ok
[19:14:13] <Will> wordpress - to - wordpress
[19:14:29] <Will> eek - it's in writing :-)
[19:14:41] <Nÿco> is there a plugin or backup system that does the transfer?
[19:15:07] <Tobias> i could take care of clean urls if it's setup,
already did it for jabber.org page
[19:15:08] <Will> Nÿco: i'll set up some admin accounts on stage.xmpp
so people can get familiar with the wordpress plugins i've used
[19:15:18] <Nÿco> ok Tobias
[19:15:21] <Will> or those admin accounts might already be therer
[19:15:38] <Nÿco> ok Will, thx
[19:16:24] <stpeter> basically Board, Council, and Communication Team
members would have accounts, correct?
[19:16:34] <Will> yes
[19:16:41] <Nÿco> yes, plus those who want to contrib
[19:16:47] <guillaumelegales> does xsf have twitter / identi.ca accounts ?
[19:16:54] <stpeter> guillaumelegales: not yet
[19:16:57] <Nÿco> good point
[19:17:13] <Will> iyes
[19:17:15] <Will> yes
[19:17:18] <stpeter> but we can set those up (primary on identi.ca,
bridge to Twitter)
[19:17:30] *** fritzy has joined the room as a participant
[19:17:33] <stpeter> hi fritzy
[19:17:35] <Nÿco> stpeter: you want to create those MB accounts?
[19:17:36] <guillaumelegales> we could use those with twitterfeed
[19:17:40] <fritzy> howdy
[19:17:44] <stpeter> Nÿco: yes
[19:17:49] <Nÿco> ok, thx!
[19:18:23] *** guillaumelegales is now known as Guillaume
[19:18:24] *** Guillaume is now known as guillaumelegales
[19:18:33] <Will> hi fritzy
[19:18:38] <guillaumelegales> and a facebook fan page ?
[19:18:49] <stpeter> heh
[19:19:00] *stpeter deleted his FB account recently....
[19:19:05] <Nÿco> there are already XMPP, Jabber thingies
[19:19:21] <guillaumelegales> no official xsf fan page ?
[19:19:28] <Nÿco> stpeter: oh fool, FB is the biggest XMPP deployment
in da worldz!
[19:19:46] <Nÿco> guillaumelegales: how can a fanpage be official?
[19:19:55] <Nÿco> is a "fan" page what we want?
[19:20:11] <stpeter> I'd vote for starting with microblogging :)
[19:20:13] <guillaumelegales> it's cool to post articles on facebook
[19:20:16] <guillaumelegales> 400M users
[19:20:27] <guillaumelegales> good source of traffic
[19:20:36] <Nÿco> 200M active users... only ;-)
[19:20:52] <Will> lol
[19:21:19] <Nÿco> we could investigate on what SNS w could invest
time... FB? others?
[19:21:26] <stpeter> heh it seems that we already have http://identi.ca/xsf
[19:21:43] <Nÿco> ...msut... retrieve... passwd...
[19:21:46] <Tobias> Nÿco: and not even full XMPP Core and XMPP IM compliant :)
[19:22:01] <Will> last update = 1 year ago :-(
[19:22:19] <Nÿco> Tobias: I suggest we rename it to FBMPP
[19:22:24] <Will> mind you - the last update is still true :-)
[19:23:18] *** Bloody Rose has joined the room as a participant
[19:23:24] *** guillaumelegales is now known as Guillaume
[19:23:24] *** Guillaume is now known as guillaumelegales
[19:23:34] <Nÿco> ok for these points in the agenda:
* website update
* microblogging
up to next point?
* Tech pages?
[19:24:13] <stpeter> heh, I even know the password for our identi.ca account :)
[19:24:21] <Nÿco> http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Tech_pages
[19:24:58] <Nÿco> we had to review the actual ones and create new ones
[19:25:03] <Nÿco> any idea/need?
[19:25:50] <Nÿco> not inspiring...
[19:26:01] *** guillaumelegales has left the room
[19:26:04] *** Nÿco is now a moderator and an administrator
[19:26:17] *Nÿco bombe le torse...
[19:26:25] *** guillaumelegales
(guillaumelegales at gmail.com/GajimC39E3508) has joined the room as a
participant
[19:26:34] <Nÿco> (sorry, I don't know how to say it in english)
[19:26:35] <Kev> Nÿco: I wonder about these tech pages. It seems a bit
empty at the moment...
[19:26:42] <stpeter> Kev: yeah
[19:26:43] *** Guillaume (guillaume at ufederation.com/Gajim) has joined
the room as a participant
[19:26:49] <Nÿco> they don't seem empty, they are...
[19:26:55] <stpeter> haha
[19:26:57] *** guillaumelegales
(guillaumelegales at gmail.com/GajimC39E3508) has left the room (offline)
[19:26:57] <Kev> Maybe we could do them as the odd blog post or
something, and once we've got enough articles, make tech pages from
them.
[19:27:08] <Kev> Instead of what we have now, which just looks incomplete.
[19:27:14] <Nÿco> why not, but who'll write articles?
[19:27:42] <Kev> Well, that's kinda what I was saying...so if no-one
writes the articles, at least we don't have empty pages on the site -
and if someone does write the articles, great.
[19:27:46] <Nÿco> well, the wiki pages are a draft, the real ones are
here http://xmpp.org/tech/
[19:27:58] <stpeter> I like the idea of more frequent blog posts --
that is more interesting and dynamic than some static pages
[19:28:27] <Kev> stpeter: so do I, but some poor sod has to write
them. I seem to remember writing about XMPP once, and it was hard work
;)
[19:28:34] <Nÿco> I like dynamic things to... but again, same
question: who writes?
[19:29:01] <stpeter> Kev: oh, *that* writing
[19:29:08] <Nÿco> anyway, we need those static pages
[19:29:19] <stpeter> Nÿco: do we? I'm just wondering :)
[19:29:25] <stpeter> what is the purpose of the tech pages?
[19:29:32] <stpeter> I liked the idea at the time
[19:29:33] <Kev> Couldn't we replace them all with a link to TDG? :)
[19:29:38] <stpeter> but now I'm thinking
[19:29:48] <Nÿco> you have written them, you've asked revisions, I let
you answer ;-)
[19:30:00] <stpeter> the idea was to provide more developer-friendly
information than the specs
[19:30:35] <Will> has anyone asked the current membership if they find
the current pages useful - are they meeting the need they were
designed to address?
[19:30:41] <stpeter> and I still think that's a valuable idea, but I'm
not sure of the best way to do it because it's a lot of work to make
something that is really useful, and perhaps various blog posts would
be just as helpful to new developers
[19:30:50] <stpeter> Will: good question!
[19:31:12] <stpeter> Will: no, we have not done that
[19:31:29] <Will> then lets ask
[19:31:32] <Kev> Sounds like marketing to me...*grumble*
[19:31:39] <Will> Kev: you're fired
[19:31:43] <stpeter> Nÿco: I don't want us to make a commitment about
creating a new or better section of the site unless we think it will
be really useful
[19:31:46] <Nÿco> when I browse wikis of local XMPP communities, like
spanish, french, czech/polish/slovak, russian... I see a lot of small
interesting pages
[19:32:00] <stpeter> Nÿco: right
[19:32:09] <Nÿco> I belive they are useful
[19:32:42] <stpeter> so we could make more use of the wiki and keep
the main site for core info (specs/schemas/registries) and dynamic
stuff (blog posts etc.)
[19:33:05] <Nÿco> what I thought
[19:33:15] <Nÿco> move tech pages to wiki, let people contrib
[19:33:29] <Nÿco> less burden on the wordpress migration
[19:33:39] <stpeter> yeah
[19:33:49] <stpeter> plus, wiki is easier to edit and work on together
[19:33:57] <Nÿco> ok
[19:34:04] <Will> yes, wordpress gets cumbersome with too many pages
[19:34:07] <Nÿco> let's move tech pages to wiki?
[19:34:27] <Will> with an overview on the main site
[19:34:51] <Nÿco> and a link to these pages on the wiki
[19:35:01] <Nÿco> who's for it?
[19:35:04] <stpeter> Nÿco: I think that's a good way to proceed --
I've been thinking we might want to do the same (move to wiki) for the
software pages, too
[19:35:16] <stpeter> because right now it's not easy to maintain those pages
[19:35:27] *** jprieur (johann.prieur at talkr.im/Gajim) has joined the
room as a participant
[19:35:27] <Nÿco> tech pages on the wiki could evolve the way contributions come
[19:35:33] <Nÿco> agre also
[19:35:35] <Will> i think you'll find the new ones are a lot easier
[19:35:45] <stpeter> Will: new ones = ?
[19:35:48] <stpeter> hi jprieur
[19:35:50] <Kev> stpeter: there is a counterpoint to that (the
software pages), which is that we'll have to be a little careful that
people don't get into the old "My software's better than yours"
challenges.
[19:35:54] <jprieur> hi there
[19:36:01] <stpeter> Kev: yes there is that
[19:36:16] <Will> stpeter: software pages
[19:36:32] <Nÿco> well, w can create a category "my soft is better than yours"
[19:36:44] <Kev> Nÿco: I like that idea.
[19:36:51] <Guillaume> mee to
[19:36:51] <Nÿco> ok ;-)
[19:36:57] <stpeter> BTW Florian and I have been talking about moving
http://xmpp.org/services/ back to xmpp.net too -- making that a hub
for operators (sorry, OT)
[19:37:05] <stpeter> heh
[19:37:14] <Nÿco> well, is xmpp.net needed anymore?
[19:37:36] <Nÿco> we have jabber.org, xmpp.org, xmpp.net: it's a mess,
it's unreadable
[19:37:53] <Will> Nÿco: agree - at very least it's confusing
[19:37:54] <Nÿco> let's well... hum... federate those sites mote
[19:38:04] <Kev> I think just mirroring xmpp.net and xmpp.org might
not be stupid.
[19:38:14] <stpeter> well jabber.org is currently only for the
jabber.org IM service (but...)
[19:38:26] <Kev> Right, and I think that's sensible.
[19:38:37] <stpeter> sure, we could do the operator stuff at xmpp.org
-- I think you're right that it is confusing
[19:38:53] <Nÿco> ok for the jabber.org IM, and xmpp.org the rest, but
what about xmpp.net? how does it justify?
[19:39:13] <stpeter> Nÿco: you're right
[19:39:32] <stpeter> we should just redirect xmpp.net to the blog post
about shutting down the ICA
[19:39:43] <Nÿco> yes, agree
[19:39:47] <Kev> Or just redirect it to xmpp.org, maybe.
[19:39:54] <stpeter> or that, sure
[19:39:57] <stpeter> ok
[19:40:33] <Nÿco> ok
[19:40:57] <stpeter> so, what have we decided?

1. tech pages to the wiki
2. software pages to the wiki, too, or stay at xmpp.org?
3. redirect xmpp.net to xmpp.org
4. other?
[19:41:16] <Nÿco> 1. move, yes
[19:41:26] <Nÿco> 2 don't know what's best yet
[19:41:27] <Will> 2.  i think s/w pages should stay at xmpp.org
[19:41:31] <Nÿco> 3 ok
[19:41:51] <stpeter> 2. if keep at xmpp.org we need a better process
for adding software (instead of "ping stpeter")
[19:41:56] <Kev> 1) Seems reasonable
2) I see no compelling need
3) Or similar.
4) Profit.
[19:42:07] <Will> stpeter: agree - "ping Kev"
[19:42:10] <stpeter> haha
[19:42:26] <Kev> If we update our VCS to something a bit more
convenient, I don't mind being a contact point for that.
[19:42:37] <Will> seriously though, if a number of people have access
rights .... problem solved?
[19:42:38] <Kev> The only reason I keep away from the web stuff atm is
that svn makes my life hard :)
[19:42:54] <stpeter> Kev: hmm
[19:43:31] <stpeter> it's not clear to me how the pages are being
served / created now -- is this content in WordPress or does WordPress
create a shell around stuff from Subversion?
[19:43:45] <Nÿco> ok... edited here: http://etherpad.com/6XSj4kfnAK
please edit also
[19:43:57] <stpeter> it seems easier to do some things in WordPress
[19:44:06] <Kev> Oh, I was assuming all the static content would still
be version controlled.
[19:44:16] <Kev> Going from VCS to "Oh, hey, boom" seems a pretty bad idea.
[19:44:30] *** Guillaume is now away ( (Absent(e) car inactif depuis
plus de 5 min))
[19:44:34] <Nÿco> for the software pages, maybe we should wait for
WordPress on stage? and try stuff here?
[19:45:09] <Will> i think so, yes
[19:45:15] <stpeter> I have another meeting in 15 minutes, FWIW
[19:45:48] <Kev> The Commteam chair obviously has a longer attention
span than the Council chair :)
[19:45:49] <Will> you can multitaks, right?
[19:46:09] <Nÿco> ok, next point
[19:46:18] <Nÿco> 3) Podcasts
[19:46:20] *** Guillaume is now online
[19:46:35] <Nÿco> I got 4 to 5 of them, didn't have time to fullfill my mission
[19:46:47] <Nÿco> will go on via that thing we call Jingle
[19:46:53] <stpeter> Nÿco: that's 4 or 5 more than we've had before :)
[19:46:55] <Nÿco> anything to ad?
[19:46:56] <Will> 4/5 is good!
[19:47:04] <Nÿco> ok ;-)
[19:47:07] <Kev> The fifth guy must have been a real loser.
[19:47:16] <stpeter> heh
[19:47:44] <Nÿco> 4) Contribution
[19:47:51] <Nÿco> Kev: that's your agenda item
[19:48:27] <Kev> Only that I was going to suggest that people join in
helping, because Nÿco seems to be doing a significant proportion of
the content himself, with Will seemingly singlehandedly doing the new
site.
[19:48:38] <Kev> ...and I'll try to do stuff too.
[19:48:49] <Will> i'm not good at delegating :-(
[19:49:02] <Will> obsessive/compulsive
[19:49:13] <Nÿco> that's ok for me, and I got help from people I ask
[19:49:14] <stpeter> Will: but now that the framework is in place it
should be easier for people to contribute
[19:49:18] <Nÿco> so no pb for me
[19:49:22] <Will> stpeter: yes
[19:49:26] <Nÿco> and yes, I still need to help Will ;-)
[19:49:40] <stpeter> e.g., IMHO the Council members should post about
XEPs of interest
[19:49:48] <Will> Nÿco: we also need to get more people than just you
doing content
[19:49:56] <stpeter> Will: agreed
[19:50:11] <Kev> stpeter: from a purely selfish PoV, I'd like XSF
members who don't do anything to be doing stuff, instead of Council
having more responsibilities.
[19:50:30] <stpeter> Kev: quite possibly
[19:50:54] <Nÿco> we also need to start work, go somewhere, and point
people to what's to be done... or else, people joining in don't know
where to start
[19:51:03] <Kev> Nÿco: very true.
[19:51:35] <Nÿco> ok? next point?
5) Blog posting
[19:52:57] <Kev> I don't have anything to say about that :)
[19:53:07] <Nÿco> beuh... etherpad is down?
[19:53:10] <Kev> Yep.
[19:53:14] <Kev> Or, is for me anyway.
[19:53:22] <stpeter> for me, too
[19:53:25] <Guillaume> me too
[19:53:27] <Nÿco> back
[19:53:41] <Will> if it was xmpp based.....
[19:53:42] <Nÿco> argh, lost my latest edits
[19:53:55] *** fritzy has left the room
[19:54:07] <Nÿco> http://etherpad.com/6XSj4kfnAK
[19:54:25] <stpeter> Will: I don't know what it would be then :)
[19:54:44] <Nÿco> 5) Blog posting

* need more frequent posting
* e.g., Council members to post about new/advanced XEPs
[19:55:09] <Kev> What sort of thing are we looking at Council (which I
suspect means me) posting?
[19:55:11] <Nÿco> I need help on this one:
http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Roundup/Specifications to be posted asap
[19:55:28] <Kev> Yeah, I'll go through and check that tomorrow.
[19:55:38] <stpeter> Kev: "we just completed some cool pubsub
revisions" or "we just published Jingle Nodes, it looks promising"
[19:55:45] <stpeter> Kev: I can help with those
[19:55:47] <Nÿco> well, stuf about its roles: xeps, and hum... oh yeah, xeps?
[19:55:54] <Kev> Ok.
[19:56:06] <stpeter> I think the main thing is that these posts don't
need to be huge
[19:56:11] <Nÿco> btw, I'm drafting blog posts on the wiki, do you wanna do so?
[19:56:12] <stpeter> one paragraph is fine I think
[19:56:32] <Kev> I'll sort myself out with blog access, if I don't
have it, and start doing that.
[19:56:46] <Nÿco> well, i do not agree: one paragraph is reserved to
microblogging... blogs need two or three
[19:57:01] <stpeter> Nÿco: I write long paragraphs :)
[19:57:04] <Nÿco> Kev: you can draft on the wiki, I can post on the bblog
[19:57:14] <Kev> But I want my name in lights!
[19:57:22] *stpeter notes that WordPress is a CMS :)
[19:57:34] <Nÿco> this way? *Kev*
[19:57:35] <stpeter> right, we give people credit for posting --
that's part of the idea
[19:57:45] <Kev> Nÿco: Pretty much.
[19:57:59] <Kev> In any case - we can just as easily draft stuff on
wordpress as we can on the wiki, I think?
[19:58:06] <Will> yes
[19:58:22] <Nÿco> ok, so please review http://etherpad.com/6XSj4kfnAK
so that we can post the minutes right away
[19:58:34] <stpeter> we should be able to write draft posts, ask
someone to review if necessary (I'm not convinced it really is -- we
trust people to do the right thing), and then post
[19:58:50] <Nÿco> review is always a good idea
[19:59:13] <Nÿco> especially for writers like me (non mother tongue)
[19:59:29] <stpeter> Nÿco: yes that is more difficult
[19:59:29] <Nÿco> next meeting?
[19:59:30] <Kev> I'm happy with the minutes.
[19:59:42] <stpeter> we need jabberpad :)
[19:59:43] <Will> even native English speakers need a fresh pair of
eyes to search for typos
[19:59:52] <Nÿco> tuesday in two weeks?
[19:59:54] <stpeter> Will: posts can be edited after the fact :)
[20:00:00] <stpeter> Nÿco: works for me
[20:01:04] <Kev> I'll be ostensibly on holiday, but I expect I'll be here.
[20:01:08] <Will> etherpad minutes look fine to me
[20:01:18] <Nÿco> ok for everybody for today?
[20:01:23] <Kev> Yes ta.
[20:01:30] <stpeter> this was good
[20:01:31] <Guillaume> yep
[20:01:33] <stpeter> thanks, Nÿco!
[20:01:38] <Nÿco> well, thanks everybody!
[20:01:42] <stpeter> and it was good to meet you in Brussels :)
[20:01:57] <Nÿco> yeah me too ;-)
[20:02:20] <stpeter> Kev: I would be happy to write some blog posts
about incoming XEPs (once the Council decides to finish its
deliberations)
[20:03:09] <Kev> stpeter: with your recently discovered free time excess? :)
[20:03:15] <stpeter> Kev: :P
[20:03:18] <Kev> And yes, meeting people was good.
[20:03:32] <stpeter> in fact I am about to become insanely busy
[20:04:15] <Kev> I'm about to become AFK. BBL.
[20:04:19] *** Kev is now xa
[20:04:20] <stpeter> ok
[20:04:21] <stpeter> bye :)
[20:04:30] <Guillaume> bye all
[20:04:33] <Will> and bye from me too
[20:04:49] <stpeter> Nÿco: using etherpad is a good idea
[20:04:56] *** Will has left the room
[20:04:57] <stpeter> we should do that for Council meetings, too
[20:05:36] <Nÿco> yes, defenitely
[20:05:48] <Nÿco> far easier to invite then GDocs or Wave
[20:05:56] <stpeter> yeah
[20:06:20] <stpeter> a nice, lightweight app -- no frills, easy to use
[20:06:31] <Nÿco> but... we have to contribute code, so that Etherpad
is federated, non-anonymous, secure... do you have an idea for a
protocol?


-- 
Nicolas Vérité (Nÿco) mailto:nicolas.verite at gmail.com
Jabber ID : xmpp:nyco at jabber.fr
http://linuxfr.org/ - http://fr.wikipedia.org/ - http://www.jabberfr.org/
http://xmpp.org - http://april.org/  - http://qsos.org/


More information about the Members mailing list