[Members] FOSDEM discussion summary/minutes
mwild1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 15:55:35 UTC 2011
Here are the results of last night's FOSDEM meeting in
xsf at muc.xmpp.org, grepped as well I could from an hour and a half of
The muc.xmpp.org logs are currently unavailable, meanwhile I've
uploaded them here:
- We have a devroom in the main building on Saturday from at least
10:30 - 18:30.
- This is much longer than previous years (where we typically only
had the afternoon).
- We may want to give a shout to the Federated Social Web group who
do not have a devroom.
- The room has 100 seats.
- More info on this year's devroom logistics:
- Deadline for submitting our devroom schedule is 27th January.
- May be useful to come up with a list of suggested topics for the
call for participation.
- Everyone: Send suggestions for talk topics to ralphm
- ralphm: Send out call for talks
- ralphm: Send out call for potential demos
- bear: Preparing the 2012 wiki page with a list of talks, etc.
- Stands are boring (inferred).
- Proposal for a "Real-time Lounge" area, with shiny XMPP demos on a projector.
- Hammocks take up too much space for too few people.
- Submission deadline for stands is 13th December.
- Mozilla are keen on FOSDEM, and partnering on things would be beneficial
- ralphm: Contacting FOSDEM folks about lounge idea.
- bear: Arranging Mozilla partnership.
- Do we really need two days again? (no internationalization for
stpeter to entertain with this time)
- Should we attempt another interop event? They perhaps take more
time than we would have available.
- Perhaps begin interop testing prior to the event.
- Planning summit sessions before the day will allow people to choose
what they want to participate in.
- Network hardware required for interop testing (switch and cables)
- stpeter: Booking Cisco rooms
- <unassigned (Florian?)>: Bringing network hardware
More information about the Members