[Members] Board Minutes 20141202T1600Z

Simon Tennant simon at buddycloud.com
Wed Dec 3 10:33:39 UTC 2014


I doubt there is another project, commercial or otherwise, that has such
good minutes.

Thanks dwd!

S.



On 2 December 2014 at 18:00, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:

> These minutes have not been approved by the Board; please review the
> chatroom logs for a precise transcript of the entirety of the meeting.
>
> Present: Laura Gill (Chair), Ralph Meijer, Simon Tennant, Will Sheward
> Apologies: Adam Brault
>
> 0) Agenda Bashing - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-12-02/#16:03:28
>
> 1. Update on actions from last week
> 2. Video session
> 3. Adam’s blog and website email
> 4. Social media channels and who has access
> 5. Editors team and the Board
> 6. Goals for the Board
>
> 1) Updates on Actions from last week -
> http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-12-02/#16:04:40
>
> Ralph has added his goals to Trello.
> Will has started summarizing goals.
> Simon has shared a link for video.
>
> Laura declared all actions had been achieved.
>
> 2) Video Session - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-12-02/#16:06:55
>
> Laura proposed moving this to next week, as she felt Adam talking through
> his blog/website proposals would be ideal. Simon and Will concurred.
>
> Ralph questioned how non-board participation would work; Simon said he was
> expecting comments from the floor to occur only by text chat in the MUC.
>
> Ralph noted that as a trial, it could still be run this week; Laura said
> she would prefer do run a trial with the complete Board.
>
> DEFERRED: Video session will be next week.
>
> 3) Adam's blog and website email
>
> DEFERRED: Adam not present, will be discussed next week.
>
> 4) Social media channels and who has access -
> http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-12-02/#16:12:42
>
> Laura noted that 3 other twitter and/or Facebook relating to XMPP and the
> XSF had been created, and were actively posting. She said this made her
> wonder who was setting these up, and why we would have multiple accounts
> and not a single unified channel.
>
> Simon and Ralph noted these were setup in some cases by Neustradamus, who
> was previously on the Comms Team. Simon and Laura agreed this was a
> confusing situation.
>
> ACTION: Simon will talk to Neustradamus.
>
> Will questioned whether the Comms Team still existed, Ralph, Laura, and
> Simon all believe it doesn't, though Ralph noted the page still exists on
> the website.
>
> Laura asked it this page could be removed, Kev edited in situ to make it
> clear the team was retired.
>
> After some discussion, Kev noted the 2011-2012 Board had formally closed
> the Comms Team, and will remove the page entirely shortly.
>
> ACTION: Kev to remove the Comms Team page.
>
> 5) Editorial Team - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-12-02/#16:26:23
>
> Dave noted that the oversight of the Editorial Team was part of the Boards
> responsibility, and noted that the Board may wish to review membership.
>
> Laura suggested Matthew Miller (XSF Editor Team Chair) report next week.
>
> ACTION: Matthew Miller to report next week.
>
> 6) Goals for the Board - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-12-02/#16:34:29
>
> Will has captured the goals suggested by Board and XSF Members, though
> some were difficult to capture as items to vote on. Some goals need blanks
> filled in; for example the previous high on a Summit attendance.
>
> Goals have been divided into three types. Goals that we can measurably
> overachieve against, simple yes/no goals (such as "launch new website"),
> and goals that are a bit fluffy/hard to measure, such as "listen to
> criticism of XMPP".
>
> ACTION: Will is going to continue to work on the Goals.
>
> Will queried whether there was an existent mechanism for the members
> voting; Kev thought the memberbot should be capable of this. Ralph and
> Laura agreed.
>
> ACTION: All to review goals and comment via Trello.
>
> 7) AOB - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-12-02/#16:47:40
>
> a) Kev mentioned that Arc Riley had asked if the community could provide
> mentors for Google Code-In. This is a GSoC for high-school age children.
> Kev wanted to have Board approval for arranging this.
>
> The Board agreed that Kev should go ahead.
>
> b) Simon requested an update from Kev on GSoC.
>
> ACTION: Kev is requested to provide an update on GSoC next week.
>
> 8) Date of Next - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-12-02/#16:55:42
>
> Monday 20141208T1600Z
>
> 9) Ite, Meeting Est - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-12-02/#16:57:17
>



-- 
Simon Tennant | Founder & CEO | Buddycloud <http://buddycloud.com> | +49 17
8545 0880
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/attachments/20141203/02d7b10d/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Members mailing list