[Members] Goals for the XSF Board
kevin.smith at isode.com
Mon Nov 24 09:25:42 UTC 2014
On 21 Nov 2014, at 15:35, Laura <laura.gill at surevine.com> wrote:
> If anyone would like to contribute ideas, we want to hear them! What goals would you like to see set for the Board for the year ahead?
First - thanks to the new Board for asking the question. The things that immediately jump to mind that I’d like to see
* The website finished and maintained.
* Content on the website ‘selling’ XMPP - why and how etc.
* Strategic evangelisation of federation to the people who need to be persuaded.
* Timely (but considered) responses to current XMPPish events.
* A strategy for IoT.
* Engagement of people using XMPP in interesting ways who’re currently outside the community (and once that’s happened, that leads on to technical stuff for solving their issues).
* At least one well-attended Summit with useful location/notice.
* Engagement with the members (this mail was a good start).
More information about the Members