[Members] Board Minutes 20150202T1600Z

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Feb 5 12:50:48 UTC 2015


These minutes have no official status.

Present: Laura Gill (Chair), Will Sheward, Ralph Meijer, Simon Tennant,
Adam Brault
Floor: Edwin Mons (Logging operative), Kevin Smith (iTeam/Council Chair)
Absent: Dave Cridland (Who has had to make all this up this week)

0. Agenda Bashing - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-02/#16:03:15

    1. Actions from last week
    2. Board goals
    3. Summit presentations
    4. Sponsors from last / previous years
    5. The Voice of the XSF
    6. Backlog of blogs
    7. Time and date of next

1. Actions from last week - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-02/#16:04:32

Encompassing item 2, Laura noted she had shared a SureveyMonkey sample
survey from the Summit, and it was agreed that she would resend the
MailChimp mailing with the link to the survey after the meeting, and send
after 24 hours if nobody objected.

Also, Laura wore her orange hoodie with at least some pride:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlclnd14nf880vt/DSC_0008.JPG?dl=0

ACTION: Laura to send out draft mailing.

ACTION: Laura to send out final mailing to members.

3. Summit Presentations - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-02/#16:09:06

Laura asked where she could upload the presentations from the Summit. Edwin
suggested the Wiki may be suitable, but the file type restrictions may be
problematic.

ACTION: Laura will discuss with Kev and others on where to upload.

4. Sponsors from last/previous years -
http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-02/#16:16:24

Will noted that as sponsorship runs over calendar years, the XSF should
contact "existing" sponsors to see if they wish to remain. Will is happy to
do this. There was a short discussion on who might have the contact details.

ACTION: Will to contact Peter for sponsor's contact details.

ACTION: Will to contact sponsors.

5. The Voice of the XSF - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-02/#16:19:37

Laura made reference to a policy outline, and asked if other members of the
Board had read the email and agreed with sharing it with the XSF Membership
via the members@ list. The Board unanimously agreed that the document would
good, and should be shared.

Laura noted, terribly unfairly, that without Dave actually present, the
meeting moved on more quickly.

ACTION: Laura to send the proposal to the membership this week.

6. Backlog of blogs - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-02/#16:22:23

Will has shared a number of blog items that need writing up, and suggested
splitting the 6 or so outstanding posts. Agreed to put them on Trello and
claim items; though the Summit summary will need additional input from Kev.

7. AOB - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-02/#16:26:08

Will included a photo of Dave looking particularly sharp and intelligent:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0pt23qmn3jbuoy/IMG_3599.JPG?dl=0

Ralph thanked everyone involved with making the Summit and the Realtime
Lounge yet another resounding success. Laura noted that a large proportion
of those thanks were due Ralph himself.

Will suggested that Laura and Kev should email summit attendees thanking
them and asking if they can think of anything to make next summit even
better. Seconded by Laura.

ACTION: Laura to contact Kev for Summit "thanks" (tech).

Dave noted that in 2012, a mail was sent by the then Chair like so:
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/2012-February/006679.html - which
he has subsequently found very useful.

8. Time and date of next - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-02/#16:33:45

Some discussion about days.

ACTION: Laura to have a quick email around for better day/times moving
forward.

9. Ite, Meeting Est - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-02/#16:36:41

This was no earlier than if I had been there and made my incisive and
helpful comments throughout, I'll have you know.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/attachments/20150205/2337bd64/attachment.html>


More information about the Members mailing list