[Members] Board Minutes 20150216

Laura laura.gill at surevine.com
Tue Feb 17 13:11:49 UTC 2015


These minutes have no official status, and may not be as good as Dave’s (it pains me to say that) or could be better (probably this one).

Present: Laura Gill (Chair), Will Sheward, Ralph Meijer, Simon Tennant, Adam Brault
Floor: Kevin Smith (iTeam/Council Chair)
Absent: Dave Cridland (Who has left Laura to do his job for him)

0. Agenda Bashing - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:00:15 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:00:15>

    1. Actions from last week
    2. Website update
    3. GSoC
    4. Ex-officio Board members
    5. AOB
    6. Time and date of next

1. Actions from last week - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:01:27 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:01:27>

a) Board goals. Laura noted that survey (including one done for the Council) had been sent out and had 14 responses.

ACTION: Laura Gill to share Board Goals results with Board members via Google docs - this will then be discussed as the sole topic for next weeks meeting.

ACTION: Laura Gill to draft blog post (after the next meeting) outlining what the results were and what the Board has agreed to do

b) Presentations and Summit. Laura noted that we had received 3 presentations from Summit speakers so far, and that accompanying intro’s (for the blog) were on their way.

ACTION: Laura Gill to send PDF pf presentations to Kev for uploading to site

c) Sponsors from 2014. Will Sheward noted that stpeter is gathering the contact details and will post them to the Board mailing list.

d) Comms proposal. Laura Gill held off sending this out (with Board goals survey was being done)

ACTION: Laura Gill to send out this week, and inform people that we will be discussing in a fortnight at the Board meeting (as next week is all about Goals)

ACTION: Simon Tennant to collate any responses to comms proposal, ready for the Board discussion on this in a fortnight

e) Blog posts. Will Sheward noted that the blog ideas were in the Trello board, and he had started drafting “XMPP Research” and “Welcome new sponsors”. 

ACTION: Adam Brault to review Will’s blogs posts and publish across this week

ACTION: Adam Brault to confirm if Joachim’s post is ready for publishing

Laura Gill noted that 3 was good for this week, and the other posts should be discussed at a future meeting

f) Summit suggestions for next year. Laura Gill noted that she was waiting for the Board Goals to be agreed, so this was on hold.


2. Website update http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:17:40 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:17:40>

Adam Brault has been working on an updated approach for content structure (he later linked to his work <https://docs.google.com/a/andyet.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alht0maVighjdHhJelk4cjdYUzhaQWMxRURpSlRwTUE#gid=0> )

ACTION: Laura Gill Simon Tennant and Adam Brault to meet to finalise content strategy. Next step is getting the site built


3. GSoC update http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:22:38 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:22:38>

Kev informed the Board that while initial interest had been high, the number of actual proposals received had been less than half.

Kev asked the Board to approve his applying to GSoC with these projects, on behalf of the XSF. The Board approved.

(At this point, Ralph Meijer slapped Waqas with a wet trout, Laura noted that Ralph Meijer was angry in his little bathroom today, and then Ralph Meijer admitted he was proxying dwd)


4. Ex-officio Board members http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:25:48 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:25:48>

This was provided for contact (http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-09/#16:18:19 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-09/#16:18:19>) but in summary, Ralph Meijer suggested that (at least) the Council chair should be invited to Board meetings and included on the Board mailing list for information purposes. It was clarified, this does not give the Council Chair voting rights.

The Board approved.


5. AOB http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:32:04 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:32:04>

Will Sheward wants money (he is owed from the Summit, he isn’t being greedy)

ACTION: Ralph Meijer to take this up with stpeter and help Will Sheward get his money back.


6. Date and time of next http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:33:39 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:33:39>

Some discussion, but same place same time next week. One day, the Board will make sure this is working (but attendance is seriously impressive 99% of the time - Laura Gill is writing this so adding her own comments.


Meeting finished http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:36:14 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-02-16/#16:36:14>
Laura Gill

phone  +448454681066
email  laura.gill at surevine.com <mailto:laura.gill at surevine.com>
skype  laura.gill.surevine <skype://laura.gill.surevine>

Participate | Collaborate | Innovate

Surevine Limited, registered in England and Wales with number 06726289. Mailing Address : PO Box 1136, Guildford GU1 9ND
If you think you have received this message in error, please notify us.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/attachments/20150217/52897599/attachment.html>


More information about the Members mailing list