[Members] Board Minutes - 20150105T1600Z

Will Sheward will at willsheward.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 08:34:16 UTC 2015


"A lengthy and sumptuous conversation was then had, accompanied by
several really rather good wines, across several courses, in
excellent company."

Does the XSF now award some sort of literary prize for minutes?
Presumably this is an entry for the fiction category.

:-)

Will


On Mon, Jan 5, 2015, at 04:55 PM, Dave Cridland wrote:
> These minutes have no official status and have not been approved by
> the Board.
>
> Present: Laura Gill (Chair), Will Sheward, Ralph Meijer Apologies:
> Adam Brault
>
> From Floor: Kev Smith (Council Chair), Dave Cridland (Minute-taker,
> from whose pen truth doth spring).
>
> . Agenda Bashing - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:06:47
>
> 1. Summit Plans
> 2.Sponsorship - Erlang Solutions
> 3.Sponsorship - Process One, email to all
> 4.Board Goals
> 5.Website update (technical)
> 6.AOB
> 7.Time and Date of next
>
> 1. The Summit - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:07:05
>
> Ralph noted that the most important thing is a location for the Summit
> part of things. He noted that in previous tears, we have used Cisco's
> office for this, arranged by PSA; however PSA is no longer with Cisco.
> Will noted that prior to Cisco, we used hotel meeting rooms.
>
> Ralph noted that further, the FOSDEM furniture etc is stored in the
> Cisco offices in Diegem.
>
> Laura asked who from Board was planning to attend; Laura, Ralph and
> Will all said they were. Will noted that none of the Board had put
> their names onto the Wiki page; Laura noted she wasn't aware the wiki
> page existed.
>
> ACTION: Ralph to contact Jérôme about use of the Cisco office (and
> storage). ACTION: Laura to contact ALoft about meeting rooms ACTION:
> Laura to send email pointing to the Wiki page. ACTION: Laura to add
> something to the wiki page for agenda items ACTION: Dave to provide
> feedback from Council
>
> 2. Sponsorship: Erlang Solutions -
>    http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:17:07
>
> Laura: "Email reads as follows: Did you decide already if XSP will
> host XMPP Summit around FOSDEM15? I will be speaking at FOSDEM15 about
> MongooseIM XMPP server.
>
> If you are planning on having XMPP Summit, please let me know what
> costs are involved and how can we support XSF Dinner.
>
> So far we were thinking of being a Silver Sponsor of XSF in 2015. Is
> it possible?"
>
> ACTION: Laura to follow-up on sponsorship.
>
> A discussion on previous sponsorship for the XSF Dinner was mentioned.
>
> 3. Sponsorship: Process One -
>    http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:21:24
>
> Laura asked if any follow-up had been made; no response. Dave noted
> that an invoice had been raised and was paid, though no reconciliation
> had been done yet.
>
> 4. Board goals - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:25:54
>
> Will was waiting for a figure as a goal for fund-raising, based on
> approximately $15k last year a figure of $20k was selected.
>
> 5. [Postponed] - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:27:57
>
> 6. AOB - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:28:07
>
> Dave raised the XSF Dinner, noting that the traditional visit to
> l'Auberge Brétonne has been organized by Florian, who is no longer
> involved.
>
> A lengthy and sumptuous conversation was then had, accompanied by
> several really rather good wines, across several courses, in excellent
> company.
>
> In particular, a discussion of whether having the dinner on Saturday
> night was sensible, or whether to hold it on Thursday instead might be
> better; also whether to use a different location to avoid transport
> logistics. Will asked about the restaurant at the ALoft; Kev gently
> broke it to him that there wasn't one.
>
> A lengthy discussion on whether l'Auberge spoke French or Dutch was
> also had.
>
> Kev asked about group rates; Laura noted that Surevine had been unable
> to negotiate a group rate for the entire company, and thought group
> discounts were unlikely. Ralph noted that booking.com had so far
> proven generally cheaper.
>
> ACTION: Kev to ask Remko. ACTION: Laura to brainstorm. ACTION: Dave to
> sit on his fat arse and do nothing, whilst occasionally nodding
> approvingly.
>
> 7. Time and Date of next -
>    http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:41:09
>
> Same time next week (20150112T1600Z).
>
> ACTION: Someone to discuss whether this time is working next meeting.
>
> 8. Ite, Meeting Est - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:42:55

--
  Will Sheward will.sheward at gmail.com


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/attachments/20150106/2d901ca1/attachment.html>


More information about the Members mailing list