[Members] Board Minutes - 20150105T1600Z

Steven Lloyd Watkin lloyd at evilprofessor.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 09:02:16 UTC 2015


/me needs to find out what upsets Ralph about the Cisco offices

_____________________________________________________

Steven Lloyd Watkin
Software Engineer
PHP ::: Java ::: Ruby ::: Node.js ::: XMPP :: + many more
lloyd at evilprofessor.co.uk (email+jid) ::: http://www.evilprofessor.co.uk
Github / Twitter / Flickr / Facebook: lloydwatkin

Organiser of WORLD RECORD breaking charity event:
Scuba Santas ::: http://www.scuba-santas.co.uk
Supporting the RNLI & DDRC - 14th December 2014 - NDAC, Chepstow

On 6 January 2015 at 08:40, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:

> I'm just glad somebody reads them.
>
> A volunteer to write minutes for the council meeting is still sought, by
> the way, on case anyone else feels helpful - having minutes is pretty
> useful, and I do the board ones mostly because I'd be moaning if there
> weren't any.
> On 6 Jan 2015 08:34, "Will Sheward" <will at willsheward.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>  "A lengthy and sumptuous conversation was then had, accompanied by
>> several really rather good wines, across several courses, in excellent
>> company."
>>
>> Does the XSF now award some sort of literary prize for minutes?
>> Presumably this is an entry for the fiction category.
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> Will
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015, at 04:55 PM, Dave Cridland wrote:
>>
>> These minutes have no official status and have not been approved by the
>> Board.
>>
>> Present: Laura Gill (Chair), Will Sheward, Ralph Meijer
>> Apologies: Adam Brault
>>
>> From Floor: Kev Smith (Council Chair), Dave Cridland (Minute-taker, from
>> whose pen truth doth spring).
>>
>> 0. Agenda Bashing - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:06:47
>>
>>         1.     Summit Plans
>> 2.Sponsorship - Erlang Solutions
>> 3.Sponsorship - Process One, email to all
>> 4.Board Goals
>> 5.Website update (technical)
>> 6.AOB
>> 7.Time and Date of next
>>
>> 1. The Summit - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:07:05
>>
>> Ralph noted that the most important thing is a location for the Summit
>> part of things. He noted that in previous tears, we have used Cisco's
>> office for this, arranged by PSA; however PSA is no longer with Cisco. Will
>> noted that prior to Cisco, we used hotel meeting rooms.
>>
>> Ralph noted that further, the FOSDEM furniture etc is stored in the Cisco
>> offices in Diegem.
>>
>> Laura asked who from Board was planning to attend; Laura, Ralph and Will
>> all said they were. Will noted that none of the Board had put their names
>> onto the Wiki page; Laura noted she wasn't aware the wiki page existed.
>>
>> ACTION: Ralph to contact Jérôme about use of the Cisco office (and
>> storage).
>> ACTION: Laura to contact ALoft about meeting rooms
>> ACTION: Laura to send email pointing to the Wiki page.
>> ACTION: Laura to add something to the wiki page for agenda items
>> ACTION: Dave to provide feedback from Council
>>
>> 2. Sponsorship: Erlang Solutions -
>> http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:17:07
>>
>> Laura: "Email reads as follows: Did you decide already if XSP will host
>> XMPP Summit around FOSDEM15? I will be speaking at FOSDEM15 about
>> MongooseIM XMPP server.
>>
>> If you are planning on having XMPP Summit, please let me know what costs
>> are involved and how can we support XSF Dinner.
>>
>> So far we were thinking of being a Silver Sponsor of XSF in 2015. Is it
>> possible?"
>>
>> ACTION: Laura to follow-up on sponsorship.
>>
>> A discussion on previous sponsorship for the XSF Dinner was mentioned.
>>
>> 3. Sponsorship: Process One -
>> http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:21:24
>>
>> Laura asked if any follow-up had been made; no response. Dave noted that
>> an invoice had been raised and was paid, though no reconciliation had been
>> done yet.
>>
>> 4. Board goals - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:25:54
>>
>> Will was waiting for a figure as a goal for fund-raising, based on
>> approximately $15k last year a figure of $20k was selected.
>>
>> 5. [Postponed] - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:27:57
>>
>> 6. AOB - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:28:07
>>
>> Dave raised the XSF Dinner, noting that the traditional visit to
>> l'Auberge Brétonne has been organized by Florian, who is no longer involved.
>>
>> A lengthy and sumptuous conversation was then had, accompanied by several
>> really rather good wines, across several courses, in excellent company.
>>
>> In particular, a discussion of whether having the dinner on Saturday
>> night was sensible, or whether to hold it on Thursday instead might be
>> better; also whether to use a different location to avoid transport
>> logistics. Will asked about the restaurant at the ALoft; Kev gently broke
>> it to him that there wasn't one.
>>
>> A lengthy discussion on whether l'Auberge spoke French or Dutch was also
>> had.
>>
>> Kev asked about group rates; Laura noted that Surevine had been unable to
>> negotiate a group rate for the entire company, and thought group discounts
>> were unlikely. Ralph noted that booking.com had so far proven generally
>> cheaper.
>>
>> ACTION: Kev to ask Remko.
>> ACTION: Laura to brainstorm.
>> ACTION: Dave to sit on his fat arse and do nothing, whilst occasionally
>> nodding approvingly.
>>
>> 7. Time and Date of next - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:41:09
>>
>> Same time next week (20150112T1600Z).
>>
>> ACTION: Someone to discuss whether this time is working next meeting.
>>
>> 8. Ite, Meeting Est - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:42:55
>>
>>
>> --
>>  Will Sheward
>>  will.sheward at gmail.com
>>
>>
>>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/attachments/20150106/5992174a/attachment.html>


More information about the Members mailing list