[Members] Board Minutes - 20150105T1600Z

Ashley Ward ash.wardly at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 10:26:52 UTC 2015


Thursday makes more sense. It’s just that it seemed like it was still in contention, and the wiki page says that it’s on Saturday.

—
Ash

> On 6 Jan 2015, at 09:18, Laura <laura.gill at surevine.com <mailto:laura.gill at surevine.com>> wrote:
> 
> Ashley,
> 
> The idea was suggested for holding the dinner on the Thursday, not the Saturday this year.
> 
> 
> 
> Laura Gill
> 
> phone  +448454681066
> email  laura.gill at surevine.com <mailto:laura.gill at surevine.com>
> skype  laura.gill.surevine <skype://laura.gill.surevine>
> 
> Participate | Collaborate | Innovate
> 
> Surevine Limited, registered in England and Wales with number 06726289. Mailing Address : PO Box 1136, Guildford GU1 9ND
> If you think you have received this message in error, please notify us.
> 
> 
>> On 6 Jan 2015, at 09:16, Ashley Ward <ash.wardly at gmail.com <mailto:ash.wardly at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> 
>> I’m interested as to what the reasons might be for holding the dinner on the Saturday rather than the Thursday. I can’t think of any...
>> 
>>>> Ash
>> 
>>> On 6 Jan 2015, at 08:40, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net <mailto:dave at cridland.net>> wrote:
>>> 
>>> I'm just glad somebody reads them.
>>> 
>>> A volunteer to write minutes for the council meeting is still sought, by the way, on case anyone else feels helpful - having minutes is pretty useful, and I do the board ones mostly because I'd be moaning if there weren't any.
>>> 
>>> On 6 Jan 2015 08:34, "Will Sheward" <will at willsheward.co.uk <mailto:will at willsheward.co.uk>> wrote:
>>> "A lengthy and sumptuous conversation was then had, accompanied by several really rather good wines, across several courses, in excellent company."
>>>  
>>> Does the XSF now award some sort of literary prize for minutes? Presumably this is an entry for the fiction category.
>>>  
>>> :-)
>>>  
>>> Will
>>>  
>>>  
>>> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015, at 04:55 PM, Dave Cridland wrote:
>>>> These minutes have no official status and have not been approved by the Board.
>>>>  
>>>> Present: Laura Gill (Chair), Will Sheward, Ralph Meijer
>>>> Apologies: Adam Brault
>>>>  
>>>> From Floor: Kev Smith (Council Chair), Dave Cridland (Minute-taker, from whose pen truth doth spring).
>>>>  
>>>> 0. Agenda Bashing - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:06:47 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:06:47>
>>>>  
>>>>         1.     Summit Plans
>>>> 2.Sponsorship - Erlang Solutions
>>>> 3.Sponsorship - Process One, email to all
>>>> 4.Board Goals
>>>> 5.Website update (technical)
>>>> 6.AOB
>>>> 7.Time and Date of next
>>>>  
>>>> 1. The Summit - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:07:05 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:07:05>
>>>>  
>>>> Ralph noted that the most important thing is a location for the Summit part of things. He noted that in previous tears, we have used Cisco's office for this, arranged by PSA; however PSA is no longer with Cisco. Will noted that prior to Cisco, we used hotel meeting rooms.
>>>>  
>>>> Ralph noted that further, the FOSDEM furniture etc is stored in the Cisco offices in Diegem.
>>>>  
>>>> Laura asked who from Board was planning to attend; Laura, Ralph and Will all said they were. Will noted that none of the Board had put their names onto the Wiki page; Laura noted she wasn't aware the wiki page existed.
>>>>  
>>>> ACTION: Ralph to contact Jérôme about use of the Cisco office (and storage).
>>>> ACTION: Laura to contact ALoft about meeting rooms
>>>> ACTION: Laura to send email pointing to the Wiki page.
>>>> ACTION: Laura to add something to the wiki page for agenda items
>>>> ACTION: Dave to provide feedback from Council
>>>>  
>>>> 2. Sponsorship: Erlang Solutions - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:17:07 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:17:07>
>>>>  
>>>> Laura: "Email reads as follows: Did you decide already if XSP will host XMPP Summit around FOSDEM15? I will be speaking at FOSDEM15 about MongooseIM XMPP server.
>>>>  
>>>> If you are planning on having XMPP Summit, please let me know what costs are involved and how can we support XSF Dinner.
>>>>  
>>>> So far we were thinking of being a Silver Sponsor of XSF in 2015. Is it possible?"
>>>>  
>>>> ACTION: Laura to follow-up on sponsorship.
>>>>  
>>>> A discussion on previous sponsorship for the XSF Dinner was mentioned.
>>>>  
>>>> 3. Sponsorship: Process One - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:21:24 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:21:24>
>>>>  
>>>> Laura asked if any follow-up had been made; no response. Dave noted that an invoice had been raised and was paid, though no reconciliation had been done yet.
>>>>  
>>>> 4. Board goals - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:25:54 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:25:54>
>>>>  
>>>> Will was waiting for a figure as a goal for fund-raising, based on approximately $15k last year a figure of $20k was selected.
>>>>  
>>>> 5. [Postponed] - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:27:57 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:27:57>
>>>>  
>>>> 6. AOB - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:28:07 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:28:07>
>>>>  
>>>> Dave raised the XSF Dinner, noting that the traditional visit to l'Auberge Brétonne has been organized by Florian, who is no longer involved.
>>>>  
>>>> A lengthy and sumptuous conversation was then had, accompanied by several really rather good wines, across several courses, in excellent company.
>>>>  
>>>> In particular, a discussion of whether having the dinner on Saturday night was sensible, or whether to hold it on Thursday instead might be better; also whether to use a different location to avoid transport logistics. Will asked about the restaurant at the ALoft; Kev gently broke it to him that there wasn't one.
>>>>  
>>>> A lengthy discussion on whether l'Auberge spoke French or Dutch was also had.
>>>>  
>>>> Kev asked about group rates; Laura noted that Surevine had been unable to negotiate a group rate for the entire company, and thought group discounts were unlikely. Ralph noted that booking.com <http://booking.com/> had so far proven generally cheaper.
>>>>  
>>>> ACTION: Kev to ask Remko.
>>>> ACTION: Laura to brainstorm.
>>>> ACTION: Dave to sit on his fat arse and do nothing, whilst occasionally nodding approvingly.
>>>>  
>>>> 7. Time and Date of next - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:41:09 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:41:09>
>>>>  
>>>> Same time next week (20150112T1600Z).
>>>>  
>>>> ACTION: Someone to discuss whether this time is working next meeting.
>>>>  
>>>> 8. Ite, Meeting Est - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:42:55 <http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-05/#16:42:55>
>>>  
>>> --
>>> Will Sheward
>>> will.sheward at gmail.com <mailto:will.sheward at gmail.com>
>>>  
>>>  
>> 
> 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/attachments/20150106/2081c965/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 4142 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/attachments/20150106/2081c965/attachment-0001.bin>


More information about the Members mailing list