[Members] XSF Board Minutes 20150119T1600Z

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Jan 19 19:43:35 UTC 2015


These minutes are not approved by the Board.

Present: Laura Gill (Chair), Simon Tennant, Adam Brault, Ralph Meijer
Also Present: Peter Saint-Andre (Executive Director, Treasurer-temp), Kevin
Smith (XSF Chair, GSoC Guy), Dave Cridland (Dinner Lady)
Apologies: Will Sheward

0. Agenda Bashing - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-19/#16:04:23

1. Actions from last week
2. The Summit
3. Website update (technical)
4. Board goals
5. AOB
6. Time and Date of next

1. Actions from last week - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-19/#16:05:33

Laura spoke with Erlang Solutions; they are becoming a Silver Sponsor.

Two actions resting with Will; deferred.

2. The Summit - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-19/#16:06:51

XSF Dinner: Nobody has called a restaurant yet.

Coach: Peter said we used Eurobussing previously, from receipts. Dave
observed we needed a destination before calling them, Ralph agreed.

Hoodies: Will in on the case.

SIMs: Dave has heard nothing back from Mobile Vikings, so probably a no-go.

Summit Food: Dave suggested Pizza; Laura agreed. Ralph thought we may have
a thing at the Cisco restaurant; he will ask for clarification.

ACTION: Ralph to call restaurant.

3. Website Update - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-19/#16:18:07

Adam, Laura, and Simon met last week to discuss the website. Currently Adam
is making a proposed revision to Laura's outline based on what he
identified as key objectives:

(A) Show the huge size and vibrancy of the xmpp community by featuring the
software and projects built with it,
(B) involve project leads and companies in the xmpp.org website by
featuring their projects in a way better than a list on an internal page,
and giving them a way to contribute content

Adam said that once done, Laura, Simon and he would have further meetings
to discuss next steps, but he felt that the path forward was clear.

Ralph asked if the changes meant there was wasted work; Adam clarified that
it was an incremental approach, and Laura said he was building on what we
have already.

4. Board Goals - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-19/#16:25:56

Deferred in Will's absence.

5. AOB - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-19/#16:26:14

Peter noted that he believes that the XSF still owes some people money for
the last Summit.

Kev noted that the time to consider GSoC is coming, and said that if we do
submit an application, there will need to be an Ideas page, and various
other cat-herding will be required.

Peter noted that the Board will also need to check the appointments soon
(Treasurer, Secretary, Executive Director, etc).

Laura expressed her excitement about seeing everyone next week.

6. Date and Time of Next - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-19/#16:31:36

Same time, same place.

7. Ite, Meeting Est - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-01-19/#16:32:29
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/attachments/20150119/85d2b810/attachment.html>


More information about the Members mailing list