[standards-jig] Developmen Standards

Julian Missig julian at aspect.net
Tue Aug 14 18:00:59 UTC 2001

Well, I've been amassing a list of changes I/we need to the Jabber protocol this
summer... but even our first JEP for resource handling hasn't really officially been
approved yet, since there's no voting system. It's hard to move forward when none of
my proposed changes become official... since the next step would be to get the
changes into official documentation.

How is documentation going to be handled? Are we going to scrap the current docs, or
what? Where in CVS should we be modifying documentation? Where should we be adding
it?

The current form of "here's this namespace, this is what it looks like" doesn't
work, because there are little nuances with how things are handled. I'd be willing
to make improvements, it's just very hard to tell which docs are being scraped and
which are going to be kept current - even from a user's point of view.

Julian