[standards-jig] Developmen Standards

Iain Shigeoka iainshigeoka at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 16:07:04 UTC 2001

At 11:12 AM 8/14/2001 -0600, you wrote:

>Most of it has seemed fine to me so far, I'm going to go back and read
>them all again today.  Overall it does seem rather quiet on the list....

Yeah.  I noticed that.  Is most of Jabber students on summer vacation?

> >>Operational integrity of software is up to the individual developer or
> >>company.  Effort should be made on the part of the developer to create
> >>software that conforms across all relevant protocol categories and across
> >>all operating environments.  Effort should be made on the part of the

I liked most of the document.  I am a bit worried about "across all
relevant protocol categories".  Do we have "protocol categories"?  I
certainly think it might be useful to have protocol categories (perhaps
along the lines of J2ME's configurations and profiles... say a full client,
PDA, mobile device (phone), etc).  However, it is a bit confusing right now
to need to conform to relevant protocol categories when we don't know what
those are...

-iain