[standards-jig] Standards Framework and Process

DJ Adams dj.adams at pobox.com
Thu Aug 16 22:58:19 UTC 2001

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 12:25:40PM -0600, Michael Bauer wrote:

> Here's an overall description of the standards decision-making framework and
> process.  Please let me know what you think.

> technical and information standards).  The Jabber Council uses that
> framework to manage the development of Jabber technical standards.  A set of
> Jabber Interest Groups (JIG)S) focus on individual Jabber technical
> standards.  The overall standardization process is through Jabber

  ^^^^^^^^^ Shouldn't that be "areas"? This JIG should focus on the actual
standards, right?

> Enhancement Proposals (JEPS) that specify proposals for changes in Jabber
> technical standards as well even the creation of Jabber Interest Groups
> themselves.

This is quite high-level - I can't yet get a grip on it but I assume
it's directed at describing the higher order of the Foundation structure
rather thank the SC-JIG itself. In that context, it sounds good.

Cheers
dj