[standards-jig] Re: [JDEV] Internationalization

David Waite mass at akuma.org
Sun Nov 4 23:04:01 UTC 2001

First though, I'm wondering what this is meant to solve. Do users need
to know other user's locale, or is this just because the current jabber
namespaces use english text so much for user instructions, updates, and
errors?

Perhaps we should instead focus on using XML instead of english text to
convey instructions and errors? That was, after all, one of the main
points behind XML :-)

-David Waite