[standards-jig] Publish-Subscribe JEP status

Piers Harding piers at ompa.net
Tue Apr 9 08:59:07 UTC 2002

There hasn't been an awful lot of discussion going on about it, but DJ and my self have done a reasonable amount of development work.  DJ has plugged it into Peerkat ( as a publisher ), and created a perl based implementation of the pubsub component.  I have created a JECL ( C++ ) based version of the component, and am in the process of finishing off a Perl/JECL hybrid version of one -  these are all demonstrable implementations of how the protocol can work  ( including a test suite ).   DJ has also been working on integrating pubsub in Radio Userland ( some very interesting stuff - http://radio.userland.com ), as well as various bits and pieces to do with RSS.

It would be good if we could bring some focus onto the protocol itself, as I know that there are plenty of ideas out there on how pubsub should/could work, so how about it? :-)

Cheers.