[standards-jig] Publish-Subscribe JEP status

Robert Norris rob at cataclysm.cx
Tue Apr 9 10:26:48 UTC 2002

> It would be good if we could bring some focus onto the protocol
> itself, as I know that there are plenty of ideas out there on how
> pubsub should/could work, so how about it? :-)

Agreed. We need to get this standardised, so we can start playing with
lots of stuff.

Also, this is where I plug my own work, and point people at JEP-0021.
There's a few differences between it and the pub/sub JEP, and both have
pros and cons. I'd like to get the differences sorted out and one spec
standardised soon, then we can really get stuck into it.

IIRC, someone from the council (Dave Smith?) was preparing a position
statement that compared the two specs. Does anyone know how this is
coming?

Rob.