[standards-jig] Publish-Subscribe JEP status

Robert Norris rob at cataclysm.cx
Wed Apr 10 00:06:08 UTC 2002

> Well, we actually have three possibilities for pub/sub stuff now --
> JabberInc has also developed a pubsub protocol and we need to look at
> getting it in sync with the other two. There is some rationale behind JINCs
> decision to not re-use what's out there -- it primarily has to do with the
> fact that the JINC pubsub component operates at the component level and
> hasn't (yet) defined a JSM accessible interface.

What does "JSM accessible interface" mean, exactly, and how is that
different to the other pubsub specs - they're just components too.

> Rob, DJ, Piers -- I would like to setup a time to conference with you guys
> sometime this week so we can discuss the protocols out there and come to
> some consensus. My primary point of discontent with the existing protocols
> is the fact that topic management is pretty implicit and there is some
> mashing of authorization and subscription management.

Sounds like a good idea. I'm in GMT+10, so I'm around from 23:00 to
08:00 UTC most weekdays. I also might be able to be online as late as
15:00 UTC, just ask me first.

Rob.