[standards-jig] Publish-Subscribe JEP status

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Apr 10 21:29:33 UTC 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, DJ Adams wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 07:29:51AM -0600, Dave Smith wrote:
>
> > > If I were to pick a point of discontent, it would be the fact that I'm
> > > just a little concerned that nothing has been really said until recently.
> >
> > You mean that no one from JINC said anything until recently?
>
> Well, it does seem to have been a _bit_ mysterious, finding out about
> this new 3rd angle only recently - perhaps it's just my suspicious
> nature - it's probably paranoia or something on my part, sorry :-)
> It's just that I saw a Pubsub item on the JabberConf schedule a while
> ago, and was wondering what it was about (whether it was the talk I'd
> originally suggested as an example - bearing in mind I can't attend
> on these new dates - or something else...).

Hrm, probably it's because these pubsub discussions came about as part of
intense product design sessions and no one thought to (or had time to) go
public with them in any way. I'm happy that Diz is taking the initiative
here to make sure we all coordinate. And yes, AFAIK the JabberConf pubsub
item was the one you proposed and that Piers said he might be able to do.
Not sure where that stands now, though....

email+jabber: stpeter at jabber.org
weblog: http://www.saint-andre.com/blog/