[standards-jig] Publish-Subscribe JEP status

Ashvil ashvil at i3connect.net
Thu Apr 11 05:19:22 UTC 2002

Hi Peter,
    This looks cool and looks like a good starting point. Also, I like docs
that start with the user actions and map them to protocols. It's much easier
to understand.

I would also like
1. A way to browse all the feeds that the Headline Server has
2. A way to support authenticated feeds. For example, depending on the user
the contents of the feed are different.

The only change I would suggest is to package the full RSS content in the
out of band data. OR do you see value in sending one item at a time.

For example
     <message
         type='headline'
         to='user at host'
         from='feedname at headline-service'>
       <subject>rss title</subject>
       <x xmlns='jabber:x:oob'>
<rss version="0.91">
     <channel>
          <title>Moreover - moreover...</title>
        <item>
           <title>War crimes court becomes reality</title>
           <link>http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?r35711316</link>
           <description>BBC Apr 10 2002 11:07PM ET</description>
         </item>
    <item>
       <title>In New Rebuff to U.S., Sharon Pushes Military Sweep</title>
       <link>http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?r35710172</link>
       <description>New York Times Apr 10 2002 10:49PM ET</description>
      </item>
</rss>
    </x>
     </message>