[standards-jig] Publish-Subscribe JEP status

Piers Harding piers at ompa.net
Thu Apr 11 07:10:20 UTC 2002

I have to say to this, that DJ and my self were careful to talk to at least a few people along the way, ever since we started looking into pubusb, inorder to make sure that there was at least some awareness of what we were doing.  This was to achieve several things:
(a) make sure that Temas was OK with what we were doing with regard to his previous works
(b) make sure that we weren't conflicting with something else that may have been going on

I personally feel like I have wasted some of my valuable time, over this, purely because there has been a  lack of communication that should be more forth coming in an Open Source project.  ie.  JINC product designs mean nothing to me, as they are purely commercial, where I am not.  This is a conflict in terms of how I believe an Open Source project should orient itself.

Piers Harding - += 0.02