[standards-jig] One Suggestion

Ashvil ashvil at i3connect.net
Sat Apr 13 07:52:33 UTC 2002

We are at a point of Jabber development that we need to scale quickly and
we cannot afford to have communication issues.

My suggestion is that we anoint Peter Saint-Andre as the chief whip, er
Project Manager, to coordinate and resolve any issues that come up during
the JEP process.

Peter would be accountable to ensure that JEPs get standardized or rejected
or sent back to work on, in an acceptable time frame. All of us would need
to accept his decision for this to happen.

There are lot of pending JEPs and this will increase as we get fresh blood
into the project. So let's deal with this issue now.

Regards,
Ashvil

PS - I have not talked to Peter about this, but I feel he is the right
person for this job.