[standards-jig] Pub/Sub Explanation

Dave Smith dizzyd at jabber.org
Tue Apr 16 15:56:23 UTC 2002

Greetings...

Wow. There are some fundamental differences in our trains of thought.

Frankly, what I'm hearing from DJ and piers is the requirement for a
light-weight notification system -- and maybe that's a truer definition of
"pub/sub". What I am proposing is a system which is a super-set of the
functionality there...a sort of "persistent pub/sub". There's certainly no
reason why a system such as I described can't implement the functionality
described in JEP 24.

With this in mind, perhaps we can agree that these are two separate systems
and as such should be pursued independently of each other.

Diz