[standards-jig] Checking for implementations

DJ Adams dj.adams at pobox.com
Tue Apr 16 19:08:57 UTC 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 01:51:02PM -0400, Adam Theo wrote:
> Hm, not sure I fully understand your point. I agree, yes, that trying to
> list the implimentations of the current spec is a lost cause and a bad
> way of making a decision. But this just seems like a trivial issue.

:-)

Well, that was the point, really, but I don't think it's trivial, if
decisions about what to do about changing existing specifications is
being disussed. The point really is that the world of implementation
isn't just the off-the-shelf programs and libraries, it's an unknown
quantity of private code that uses these libraries to get things done.

That's all.

Cheers
dj