[standards-jig] Pub/Sub Explanation

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Apr 16 19:27:31 UTC 2002

Peter Millard and I were chatting over lunch, and he mentioned that the
initial motivation for developing pub/sub systems in Jabber were things
like this:

1. I publish my vCard
2. I publish my public key
3. I publish my avatar

These are things that you might want to subscribe to (i.e., know when they
change, which change is an event), and that we'd probably want to be
persistent.

email+jabber: stpeter at jabber.org
weblog: http://www.saint-andre.com/blog/