[standards-jig] JEP-0009 (Jabber-RPC): cross implementation success :-)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Apr 16 22:43:04 UTC 2002

Actually JEP-0001 specifies the need for one "reference implementation"
but we never defined what that is. I think it was Max Metral who suggested
that we not use the term "reference implementation" since that has certain
implications for the developer and we may not need or want that baggage.
But I never updated JEP-0001 to reflect that change.

Essentially I'd simply like to get some discussion going about what is
required -- especially with regard to the implementation(s) -- with regard
to progressing from Draft to Final. I'll poke the Council list about this,
but feel free to chime in here as well.

email+jabber: stpeter at jabber.org
weblog: http://www.saint-andre.com/blog/