[standards-jig] JEP-0009 (Jabber-RPC): cross implementation success :-)

DJ Adams dj.adams at pobox.com
Wed Apr 17 07:17:59 UTC 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 05:43:04PM -0500, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Actually JEP-0001 specifies the need for one "reference implementation"

Ah, ok. I don't know where I got the notion of 'two' from. Still.

> Essentially I'd simply like to get some discussion going about what is
> required -- especially with regard to the implementation(s) -- with regard
> to progressing from Draft to Final. I'll poke the Council list about this,
> but feel free to chime in here as well.

Well, as a starter for ten, I was assuming the idea of two implementations
(not that I'm implying we want to go with that idea, this is just background
thoughts) was that one of them would probably be from the JEP author(s),
and the other from an 'independent' person/group. Now I come to think about
it, this doesn't really matter that much, as the JEP has at this stage
already passed into Draft status. Hrm...

dj
thinking aloud