[standards-jig] Checking for implementations

Julian Missig julian at jabber.org
Wed Apr 17 19:46:11 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 15:40, David Waite wrote:
> Julian Missig wrote:
>
> >Also, I disagree that browse is really pub/sub. The "Live Browsing" part
> >was removed from the JEP, so therefore is not officially a part of the
> >browse standard. If browse did pub/sub in an acceptable fashion, we
> >wouldn't all be arguing over pub/sub protocols right now. :)
> >
> Oh gee, I didn't notice that - does that mean things like the
> conferencing proposals that currently exist have to define this
> behavior? We currently have existing code using this 'standard' relying
> on this feature, within browse - and there isn't an alternate being
> proposed as of yet.

/me hates giving DW bad news

The alternatives to "Live Browsing" were supposed to be the pub/sub
protocols. :)

Also, I believe it was Jer who said Live Browsing should be removed,
because if that's the route that we want to take, it can be done in a
separate JEP, with this JEP just defining the basics of browse.

Julian
email: julian at jabber.org
jabber:julian at jabber.org