[standards-jig] jabber:iq:stats

David Waite mass at akuma.org
Fri Aug 2 03:17:37 UTC 2002

Actually, the reasoning for me mentioning it is twofold:
1. SNMP defines its own extension mechanism (MIB items), which we might
want to use. There are also large directories of known MIBs, which may
help decide what people want expose.
2. SNMP is somewhat limited in both communication mechanisms and data
types. Thinking of mapping to SNMP later rather than sooner may mean
that lots of features and statistics will not be capable of being
exposed through SNMP at all.

-David Waite