[standards-jig] JANA pt. 2

Dave Smith dizzyd at jabber.org
Mon Aug 5 15:33:52 UTC 2002

I like the idea of JANA. However, I too share Mike Lin's concerns about
having it be a completely separate entity at this point in time.
Starting a new organization comes with significant time and personnel
requirements. We ran into problems when JSF was first getting started --
we tried to introduce too many procedures and organizational complexity
too quickly. To this end, I would prefer to see JANA start out as a
small group of people (preferably 3) within JSF (a department, if you
will). This "department" would derive its power from the members of the
JSF agreeing to trust them and endow them with the ability to make the
appropriate naming decisions.

As for who?

* Ryan Eatmon
* Joe Hildebrand