[standards-jig] JANA pt. 3

Iain Shigeoka iain.shigeoka at messaginglogic.com
Mon Aug 5 16:53:31 UTC 2002

I'd like to chime in and say that JANA is a great idea and probably
necessary as a separate entity from the JSF as Jabber grows.  However, I
also agree with the other half of the debate that the timing for a separate
JANA is probably premature.

Internally, Jabber's contributors are all pretty tapped out with the current
systems and processes in place (JSF, JEPs, coding, documenting, etc).  JANA
as a separate entity is just not going to happen unless someone can dedicate
the time to do it right now.  I just don't see that as likely.

I will thus put in my +1 for forming a small (3 person) JANA working group
in the JSF with a clear charter for spinning off in the future when the
needs demand.

-iain