[standards-jig] JANA pt. 3

Mike Lin mikelin at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 5 23:49:07 UTC 2002

Just a thought: it is possible that somewhere down the road, JANA could
have to serve as a certification authority for a PKI-based trust system.
No such system is in place or in any reasonably advanced stage of being
designed, but it is an interesting thing to think about.

I would also like to point out that part of the reason for using XML
namespaces is to eliminate the need for a central naming authority.
Since our model allows anyone to insert any XML with any namespace into
packets, it's unclear to me exactly what authority JANA would exercise
over the protocol beyond what the JSF can provide by approving a JEP. If
the browse/disco items are in question, maybe we should just make them
namespace-qualified.

Just something to think about.

-Mike