[standards-jig] Namespaces

Craig ckaes at jabber.com
Tue Aug 6 19:37:12 UTC 2002

Shorter is great for all open source endeavors.  However, corporate
entities will have development roadmaps extending out over a year.
There just isn't motivation to drop what was deemed strategic to a
company's success to pick up an "urgent" project like this.

<server-developer-bias> Proper server side namespace support seems like
a big enough deal without having to worry about clients partially
implementing namespaces.  If we do it, let's forget feature negotiation
to support lesser clients.  Lesser clients are clients that are no
longer under development or are unwilling to provide full namespacing
support.  </server-developer-bias>

--C