[standards-jig] JNG Ramblings.

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Thu Aug 8 17:04:10 UTC 2002

On the framing part, have you ever looked at AOL's OSCAR protocol?  It's
actually rather nifty.  It's composed of a primary wrapper/header they
call a SNAC.  It defines a family and data type (kind of like namespaces
in our world).  The SNAC is composed of many TLV's (type, length, value)
sets.  Which is why I thought of it while looking at your stuff.  I need
to digest the rest more, but it definately made me think of OSCAR.

--temas