[standards-jig] Invisibility Support in Jabber

Julian Missig julian at jabber.org
Fri Aug 9 03:20:59 UTC 2002

Ben Schumacher wrote:
*SNIP*
> I hope that explains the reason why. I don't think using 'available' is
> appropriate, because it technically isn't part of the protocol (see the
> IETF docs, at http://jabber.org/ietf/), and you're actually changing your
> availablity in this situation anyhow, you are changing your visibility.

ARGH. Despite what /some/ of the Internet Drafts say, type="available"
/is/ a part of the protocol. Any docs which leave it out are in error.

That said, I agree that we need a type="visible" -- it definitely helps
to further differentiate the difference between visible/invisible and
available/unavailable.

Perhaps look into updating the Presence JEP. What's the process to get a
JEP updated/changed? (I think that would make more sense than making a
whole new JEP)

Julian
email: julian at jabber.org
jabber:julian at jabber.org