[standards-jig] JNG Ramblings.

David Waite mass at akuma.org
Fri Aug 9 03:29:09 UTC 2002

A couple of points:

1) JNG is really shorthand for 'all those things we have thrown in the
big basket because they break clients or are otherwise hard to think
about or implement'. We really need to think about what JNG means in
terms of an overall vision before we start prototyping implementations.

2) A binary application protocol greatly reduces our chances of getting
standardized. Exercise for the reader: Find three binary protocols on
standards track or which are standard @ the IETF which have been
authored within the last four years. And of course, there is the obvious
question: 'Why aren't you using BEEP?'

-David Waite