[standards-jig] Invisibility Support in Jabber

Iain Shigeoka iain.shigeoka at messaginglogic.com
Fri Aug 9 16:30:55 UTC 2002

Hi Ben,

I'll violently protest your idea to make you happy.  :)  Bad!

Actually, I recognize the need but would like to suggest that you take a
look at wireless-village to see how they handle invisibility.  I think their
basic approach is elegant and has obviously been thought about in terms of
being a person with multiple online "personalities".  Their use cases
include things like maintaining presence for work, customers, friends, and
family and how you'd like to change your presence easily and intelligently
(e.g. If you're available to work contacts, you're probably unavailable to
friends).

Perhaps we should be using some of their ideas to modify the basic Jabber
presence visibility model.

-iain