[standards-jig] JNG Ramblings.

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Fri Aug 9 18:03:39 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 12:23, Matthias Wimmer wrote:
<snip>
> I don't think that we need BEEP ... but I can't see why we should invent
> a protocol for that same thing. - I also don't want to transfer files
> "in band". Not because of performance but because of network traffic.
>
> And it's not binary because the protocol uses text to transfer the
> protocol information.
>

> Tot kijk
>     Matthias

I think the need/want for in band binary data is the key to this
argument.  If you don't want in band binary data, obviously you don't
want any binary information in the protocol.  Is that potentially why a
binary frameing protocol doesn't sit well with you?  Or, would it still
sit bad if the protocol had in band binary?

--temas