[standards-jig] JNG Ramblings.

Iain Shigeoka iain.shigeoka at messaginglogic.com
Mon Aug 12 17:21:51 UTC 2002

On 8/9/02 12:02 PM, "Adam Theo" <theo at theoretic.com> wrote:

> OK, I've decided that this issue interests me enough for me to look into
> it more. Unfortunately, I know nothing about these low-level issues
> being discussed and debated, so if some people would be so kind as to
> direct me to some good online resources for beginners/newbies to the
> field, thanks. I've spent the last hour Googling about it, but have not
> found any introductory resources on the issue.

The best place to look is probably www.beepcore.org.  At least it will give
a good intro to BEEP.  The related RFCs are also well written (typical of
MTR work).  In addition, MTR does a great job of explaining the decision
process and related work on protocol development.  His book on BEEP from
O'Reilly is also supposed to be primarily a design book and expounds on the
tradeoffs, design philosophy/theory, etc.  I don't have any money but I'd
like to read it someday... :)

-iain