[standards-jig] JNG Ramblings.

Robert Norris rob at cataclysm.cx
Wed Aug 14 23:28:22 UTC 2002

> I find it interesting that no one has been championing Jabber as it is (all
> XML) plus much more extensive use of HTTP (WebDav maybe?) as the out of band
> channel to handle everything else.

FYI, I'm currently documenting an implementation of Apache, mod_dav,
mod_auth_jabber and iq:oob to do file transfers. I don't see a reason
why HTTP can't be used for all types of binary data - that's kinda what
its for.

However, I'm still fence-sitting on this thread - just thought I'd bring
it to your attention :)

Rob.