[standards-jig] JEP news

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Aug 16 04:38:28 UTC 2002

I have just published two new JEPs:

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0041.html ("JID Streams")

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0042.html (Jabber OOB Broadcast Service)

I have also harmonized all the version numbers of the existing
standards-track JEPs and some of the informational ones using a consistent
numbering scheme. All future JEPs should use this numbering scheme as
well. The numbering follows these rules:

1. JEPs begin life as version 0.1
2. Versions are revved up to 0.9.x while experimental
3. If advanced to Draft or Active, version is revved to 1.0
4. Changes between Draft and Final (or while Active) are 1.x
5. If advanced to Final, version is revved to 2.0

Finally, per today's JSF discussion [1], I have beefed up the status
information on the JEP list page [2] so that we don't have to cover all
this stuff in future JSF discussions. The result is that the agenda for
next week's meeting [3] is rather sparse. :)

Questions, comments, things you'd like to share?

Peter

1. http://www.jabber.org/chatbot/logs/conference.jabber.org/foundation/2002-08-14.html
2. http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jeplist.html
3. http://www.jabber.org/discuss/2002-08-21.html