[standards-jig] DTCP Relay (proxy)

Justin Karneges justin-jdev at affinix.com
Wed Dec 11 22:49:46 UTC 2002

Hi all,

One concern with DTCP is that it does not have a provision for utilizing a
proxy on the server to defeat the "double-NAT" case.  Normally I would
consider this to be better left to an extension or separate proposal, however
I took a stab at it anyway and it seems it would be very easy for DTCP to
support a simple proxying mechanism.

As DTCP is currently in the Last Call phase, I want to discuss these new
ideas, particularly with council members, before submitting it to the
official JEP repository.  I've posted a temporary copy here:

http://www.affinix.com/~justin/dtcp.html

See section 3.4 for details on Relay.  Thoughts?

-Justin