[standards-jig] Pondering DTCP

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Thu Dec 12 21:11:32 UTC 2002

Hi Justin!

Justin Karneges wrote:

>You've blocked IBB?  IMO, that is not a good idea.  You have jabberd karma to
>regulate your bandwidth if that is what you are worried about.  Blocking IBB
>is just going to get people to find another route (like sending the data in a
><message> packet).

Yes I have.

I know that I could reduce the karma - but I don't want to. There are
legal things for bandwidth usage that I want to allow my users (e.g.
getting big rosters - like mine).
I'll block other in-XML-stream filetransfers as they are implemented by
public available clients too.
There ARE always better ways to transfer files ... the client authors
just have to implement it.

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--