[standards-jig] Pondering DTCP

Justin Karneges justin-jdev at affinix.com
Thu Dec 12 22:36:12 UTC 2002

On Thursday 12 December 2002 01:00 pm, Dave Smith wrote:
> As noted previously the request/response/ack is a byproduct of blindly
> creating connections -- let's not force HTTP to fit in the box called
> DTCP. DTCP is not a standard and there is no reason for us to assume at
> this point that we can't find a better way to do things.

As the author of the JEP, I came up with a set of requirements and wrote a
spec to solve them.  I'm open to changing the handshake protocol, but not at
the expense of functionality.  If temas has different requirements, as I know
you seem to, then that is a different discussion.

Assuming our requirements are the same, what I would like to see is an example
of using HTTP to do the socket matching.

-Justin