[standards-jig] SMS & Jabber

Tony Bamonti tbamonti at jabber.com
Fri Dec 13 00:27:17 UTC 2002

Wireless Village is now part of the Open Mobile Alliance
(www.openmobilealliance.org).  Iain is correct, interoperability with the
OMA IMPS WG specifications (formerly wireless village) is the ideal manner
to interface to mobile systems as they have developed a very comprehensive
client-server protocol for wireless IM and presence and all of the leading
wireless/mobile vendors are strongly behind the effort.  Jabber,Inc. is a
member of OMA and currently has projects underway to develop an interface
enabling a Jabber server to interoperate with OMA/WV clients.  I believe
others in the Jabber community such as Antepo and Tipic have or are working
on similar efforts.

/tb