[standards-jig] Pondering DTCP

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Fri Dec 13 09:59:58 UTC 2002

Hi Justin!

Justin Karneges wrote:

>One company I've been talking with absolutely wants peer-to-peer messaging
>capability, to reduce server load.  This would make their service similar to
>ICQ, where thru-server messages are just a fallback.

Maybe Jabber is then not the right product for them.

You can't change something because there is one company that doesn't
like it. - I think there are many people (me included) that like Jabber
because it does not establish direct peer to peer connections. This is
additional security for the users and add portability (e.g. what I
already have: that an IPv4 user can communicate with an IPv6 user)

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--
Fon: +49-(0)70 0770 07770	http://matthias-wimmer.de/