[standards-jig] Pondering DTCP

Jan Niehusmann jan at gondor.com
Fri Dec 13 11:54:43 UTC 2002

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 09:59:58AM +0000, Matthias Wimmer wrote:
> You can't change something because there is one company that doesn't
> like it. - I think there are many people (me included) that like Jabber
> because it does not establish direct peer to peer connections. This is

Justin didn't propose that Jabber should use direct p2p connections for
message exchange. He just said that DTCP could be used to do that, and
it obviously is a real-world application because there is a real-world
company that wants it.

> additional security for the users and add portability (e.g. what I
> already have: that an IPv4 user can communicate with an IPv6 user)

Hm. Interesting point. DTCP is only specified for IPv4, not IPv6. That's
a little bit shortsighted.
But that's a completely different discussion.

Jan